Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Let me tell ya bout' the Birds and the Bees

WARNING: THIS IS A VERY LONG ENTRY!!! READ WHEN YOU HAVE TIME TO SIT FOR A FEW....

I am having a horrible time keeping up with this blog thing! It seems like the only time I can find to do it is late at night and then there is always something else to do. I should make it a goal to do it every night that Aaron is at work....okay- that's my goal so we'll see how long I can keep it up- and like any of you reading this really want to read about our lives every 3rd day- except maybe the Grandparents!!!

Speaking of the fact that there is always something else to do...I know I'm not the only one who feels like the work will never be done, probably because it won't be! I look around my house and there are soooo many unfinished projects...

1. things I'd like to do (these are usually the things I can't afford to do)
2. things I need to do (like finish my bathroom mini-remodel that started when we had a water leak several weeks before Hayden was born and she is now 5 1/2 months old),
3. things I want to do (i.e. scrapbooking!!! AND "fall -a- fy" my house)
4. things I HAVE to do (laundry, cleaning, gerbil-duty, and occassional cooking :) )
5. things for AARON TO DO!!!! (he insists his list is never-ending!!)

So, now that I have that off my chest- I feel much better!
Now, on to my beautiful children!!!

BIRDS AND THE BEES!!!
My son surely knows more about women than any other 7-year old boy I know! He's seen his fair share of Mama's "ta-tas" since little sis came along...and he kind of knows how babies are born. So, the other night, while I was nursing Hayden, he wanted to cuddle too. The conversation went something like this...
H- "Someday, I'm going to have a baby and breastfeed"
M- "No, boys don't have babies. But maybe someday your wife will breastfeed your baby"
H- " Why?"
M- "Because God made it so only girls have babies" (this is the part where I get stupid and try to educate)
H- "How?"
M- "Well (I think for a moment- what have I gotten myself into this time?)....
A Daddy makes a little thing like a fish, called a sperm and a Mommy makes an egg.
The sperm swims to the egg.
H- "How?"
BY THIS TIME I'M LOOKING FOR DADDY WHO IS CONVENIENTLY MISSING....
H- "WHEN???"
M- "Well....when a Mommy and Daddy cuddle.
H- "WHEN???"
M- "Well... sometimes at bedtime.
I'm surely blushing by now. Luckily something got his attention and the conversation was over!
I can't wait til the next time- we'll probably have to pick up where we left off! Seriously tho- if we can keep the lines of communication open, don't you think that's a good thing????
Harrison got a 100% on his spelling test this week and his reading amazes me! He's also very talented at writing letters backwards. He can be writing them perfectly and then all of a sudden make a backwards "d" or "b" or even "g"- now that's talent!
He is doing great at football- took a cleat to the face Saturday and lived to tell about it!
TRAUMA....some of you know this already...but for sake of memory keeping-
Harrison came to me Sunday night and said he had a bubble on his tooth- OH NO!- it was an abscess. To sum it up- he had a molar pulled on Monday! Took it like a trooper- not one tear- great lady doctors in Fishers who do a fabulous job. Root Beer flavored nitrous oxide helped a lot- and as traumatic as it was for Harrison it was more traumatic for me when given a choice of who he wanted to stay with him- he chose his Daddy!!! I am still in shock over that whole thing!
JABBER JAWS JUST LIKE HER MAMA!
Hayden has been very verbal this week! It is so fun to listen to her. Yesterday she talked all through Wal-Mart, my hair appt., and blood draw (just like me- she never runs out of hot air!- that's my girl!)
I wish she were sleeping better- she spoiled me at about 8 weeks. I'm hesitantly getting ready to start baby foods- I know you have to feed them and all- but that just makes them grow and I have a really hard time with my babies growing up!
One other observation, she is really starting to reach for things- specifically my diet cokes (addiction) and chocolate chip cookies from McDonalds (another addiction)! Once again- that's my girl!!!
I know this is horribly long- that's what happens when you only write once every 12 days! I'll try to do better, but I hope at least you got some laughs if you made it all the way through this entry! I know you're disappointed that I'm not posting any pictures, but I'll try to in the next couple days- next time Aaron is at work!
On a serious note- I AM grateful for all God has given me- really. I mean, I get to do my laundry at home- and not lug it to a laundrymat. I have food to cook (sometimes), and I have a healthy family that I do all this for. That is just a snippins of all I have to be thankful for. As I re-read this post, I seem to be complaining and I want to be clear- I am not complaining- well maybe just a little....LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment