Thursday, April 2, 2009

Snippets of our Life!

I find it so hard to sit down and actually update my own blog. I follow lots of different blogs, checking some of them everyday, but yet not finding the time to write on my own. Hmmm???

It could have something to do with my Etsy addiction. Speaking of my addiction to this site, which is similar to ebay, but more like multiple stores full of neat and interesting handmade products...well, just wait til' you see some pictures of my most recent purchases. But, you'll have to wait for those until after Haydens' birthday!


I can't believe this cutie patootie will be ONE soon!


If you were a part of our family, you'd be worn out too!



Harrison with his medal for basketball


Hayden making her Daddy proud (blowing a duck call)


We've been counting down the days til' Hayden turns ONE! I about fell off my chair at work today when it read "Hayden is 11 months and 3 weeks old today!". It can't be real! I've been busy preparing for her birthday bash! I have a bit of an obsession with things being "just right", but I'm trying to let that go, but not with much luck. Just a warning for those of you close to me :)
-----------------------------------------------

We took off on Monday back to Cincinnatti to the Sheraton CocoKey Water Resort. It's the same one we visited on Fall Break. We had a nice time, despite the fact that the indoor pool was closed...yes, there was the water park, which we enjoyed immensely, but with a little one, a warm pool would've been quite nice. Normally, I wouldn't complain (I know you might find that hard to believe...but I'm usually all bark, no bite!)...ok, so anyway, I normally wouldn't complain, but this time I couldn't help myself. I won't go into the details, but I remained kind as I walked away with 4 free day passes back to the water park at another date, "for my inconvenience". It really was an inconvenience because we weren't even informed when we checked in...and it was broken then! The biggest inconvenience being Monday night when the kids and I got dressed to go swim, make the trip down to the pool (not super close), and only to find it closed. It really wouldn't have been as big a deal, but the water park was not exactly warm and cozy. Anyways....

The kids weren't terribly bothered by the cool water. Hayden went under the "waterfalls" and didn't mind it a bit. We raise "fish" in our family- they love water!

Tuesday we went to the Cincinnati Zoo. It was lots of fun. I did nearly faint when it cost $6.50 to park, but what the hey...it's spring break! The kids and I rode the carousel, which Hayden wasn't too thrilled with! We rode the train, which she liked. It was a really nice zoo with a large assortment of animals. I bonded with one animal in particular....the Mama gorilla. It appeared as though she spent her days holding her baby with "the goods" just there for the baby anytime she wanted....yes, that seems to sound familiar to me. I'm pretty sure I didn't just relate myself to a Mama gorilla on my blog for all the world to see....But, on a serious note, I did get a little teary-eyed thinking about it. It was very sweet to see, and from one mama to another....you go mama gorilla! (See how sweet..the baby is on Mama's lap)
You should've seen Aaron getting up on this Rhinocerous...and NO! I didn't even attempt it!We took "Stellan" to Bass Pro Shops and plan to add our picture to his "name gallery" (that boy gets around)
Wednesday morning Hayden delighted us all when she said "Bub-ba" when trying to get her brothers attention!

Yesterday, we left Cincy, and stopped at the Air Force museum at Dayton. It was HUGE! The planes were HUGE! Harrison enjoyed seeing all the planes. It was a lot of walking, and Hayden, well, she was less than interested. We spent time on a bench, her snacking on ground chicken sticks, while I marveled at the planes above and in front of me. I was a bit nervous that I would get sent to Guantanamo for allowing her to eat in an area designated "no food or drink", but no one said anything. They probably didn't want to listen to my screaming daughter so they let me off the hook!


Harrison has his first baseball practice tomorrow night. He's got his new fancy schmancy sports glasses, and new batting gloves. I personally am totally excited that baseball is just around the corner...it perhaps is my favorite! He looks so cute in those baseball pants! Hopefully he's not lost any speed from last year and he keeps up his good hitting!

Hayden is not walking yet, thank goodness. She has found the stairs, and stands for a few seconds at a time, but I really feel like she is still a ways from walking. Seriously, I'm in NO hurry for her to take off because that is just one more reminder that she is growing up. She also is cutting her first molar!

Our little angel has begun to throw little fits when she gets put down and she's not ready. She lays herself on the floor and cries. It usually passes after a few seconds, but if not, I'm totally a pushover and I pick her up. I have a sneaking suspicion she may be a "fit-thrower", unlike her brother. Little Miss has her own addiction called breastfeeding! She still wakes up at night, usually around 2:00 a.m. and ends up in our bed. This is the same routine we ended up in with Harrison. Of course, we said we'd do it differently with our next child....yea right! Some mornings we wake up with Harrison at the foot of our bed and Hayden in the middle! It's a bit crowded!

Well, that's a glimpse into what's been happening around here lately! This weekend and next week will be busy getting ready to PARTY!!!

And be sure to come back and see the pictures....featuring my ETSY purchases on the Birthday Girl!!!










1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great break, Susan. Don't stress too much over the party...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete